Green streets go third after thrashing maalhos

Ahmed Nizam bagged a brace as Club Green Streets thrashed Maalhos in a 5-0 win at the Galolhu National Stadium in the ongoing Ooredoo Dhivehi Premier League.

The win sees Club Green Streets moved to third spot, level on 12 points with New Radiant on fourth while Maalhos remained at second from bottom after the horrendous defeat.

Faruhad Ismail, Mohamed Shaffaz and Sobol Illia were all missing for Club Green Streets due to suspensions while their head coach was also missing from the bench as he was on leave regarding a family matter.

Ibrahim Rizuhaan opened the scoring for Club Green Streets in the 10th minute with a brilliant strike from outside the box. Rizuhaan had another chance to double their lead seven minutes later but his shot was saved by Maalhos keeper Ibrahim Zameer.

Maalhos team’s first attempt on goal was made by Ali Hafiz on 25 minutes when he fired a shot straight at Club Green Streets keeper Jun Kochi from inside the box.

Six minutes later, Ali Ifaz tried his luck from the distance but his shot went straight into the gloves of Maalhos keeper Zameer.

In the 41st minute, Angel Carrascosa Munoz wasted a decent chance for Maalhos as he headed over the bar through a brilliant free-kick from Hafiz.

At the other end, Rizuhaan’s fine strike from inside the box was punched for a corner by Zameer in the 44th minute.

A minute later, Ahmed Nizam made it 2-0 after receiving a decent pass from the stand-in captain Ahmed Rasheed.

In the stoppage-time of the first half, Angel Munoz tried to direct his shot over the keeper Jun’s head but the latter was quick to tip it over the bar for a corner.

Club Green Streets started promisingly after the break, and the first chances of the second half fell to Nizam and Petro Kovalchuk but both of them failed to find the target.

Few minutes later, Club Green Streets were dealt a blow when their star striker Ahmed Rasheed was forced to withdraw from play after injuring his right knee. The experience striker was involved in both of their goals.

However, they were 3-0 up after 57 minutes, thanks to Petro who took full advantage of a poor clearance from Maalhos keeper Zameer as he guided the ball into an empty net from outside the box.

And just three minutes later, Nizam had his second as he netted from close range after Maalhos keeper Zameer made another mistake as he spilled the ball into the path of the former after trying to clear the free-kick from William Macko.

Hafiz was unlucky not to pull one back for Maalhos in the 66th minute when Ahmed Mohamed’s cross down the right flank nearly found him but before he could direct his shot, Shafiu blocked the ball then from the rebounded ball Abdulla Ibrahim fired wide from outside the box.

Ali Shamis completed the rout in the injury time, shortly coming on as a substitute after receiving a decent pass from fellow substitute Mukhtaar Naseer.

Related Post